Nada Yoga Teacher Training Course in Rishikesh, India
1. January 1 – January 31, 2016 :
2. August 1 – August 31, 2016 :
Swargashram, Rishikesh, India
Starting this August 1, 2015, this unique nada yoga (the yoga of sound) teacher training will be organized by Nada Yoga School as a part of their 200-hour yoga teacher training course.
This course will be held at the oldest ashram of Rishikesh – Swargashram, near the banks of river Ganges and will be taught by best nada yogi of Rishikesh – Bhuwan Chandra along with his team of 7 professional yoga teachers and Ayurveda doctors. The course will be combination of nada yoga (sacred sound) and yoga (asana, pranayama, anatomy, shatkarma, mudra-bandha, etc.).
And at the end, after passing all the given assignments and test works, students will be certified by yoga alliance certification of 200-hours.
This course is suitable for the yoga teachers, students (beginner, intermediate & advanced) and music lovers who want to connect/integrate the enlightening power of sacred sound (nada yoga) with their daily practice of yoga.
What is Nada Yoga?
Attaining Samadhi through sound is Nada Yoga.
Samadhi is the experience of pure consciousness which transcends mind and body. On the path to experiencing pure consciousness, an individual discovers the wisdom of the body, emotional and cognitive intelligence, the union of body and mind (atman or soul), and the expansion of Atman into Nada Braham or Shabd Braham (God of Sound or Word). Beyond the experience of Nada Brahman comes the realization of the Nirgun Brahman or pure consciousness.
Nada means flow of sound and Yoga means Union. Nada Yoga is the process of the union of the individual mind with cosmic consciousness through the flow of sounds. When the river of consciousness is impeded by the ego, Nada or special sounds can remove the obstruction allowing the river of individual consciousness to unite with its source, the ocean of pure consciousness. More about nada yoga –>
What you will learn?
As the course is a combination of nada yoga and 200-hour yoga course, you will not be taught only nada yoga but also all the practices that a yoga course includes.
But what are they? Read below!
- What is nada yoga and it’s types?
- How to integrate the practice of yoga with nada yoga?
- Theory of Sound
- Music therapy
- Proper Sanskrit mantra chanting
- Learn to sing spiritual kirtans and bhajans, perfectly
- Lessons of Indian classical music – sitar, tabla, harmonium, vocal, etc
- How to match your body’s frequency to instruments sound
- Effect of sound or nada in your daily life
- Introduction to Yoga and its paths
- Yoga Philosophy
- Yoga Anatomy and Physiology
- Shatkarma – body purification
- Pranayama techniques (purification through breath)
- Yoga postures (asanas), their benefits, potential risks and proper alignments
- The art of sequencing the yoga class in one flow with full confidence
- Sanskrit names of the postures
- Introduction to Ayurveda – Kapha, Vata, Pitta, etc.
After the completion of the course, you will be provided with a yoga alliance certificate of 200-hours, which will grant you the right to teach yoga Internationally.
Overview – Nada Yoga Teacher Training in India
- Nada Yoga Teacher training course (NYTTC) will be held in Rishikesh (the world capital of yoga) at Nada Yoga School, next to river Ganges.
- NYTT Course will be taught by the team of best yoga teachers of Rishikesh.
- This course will be a combination of 200-hour YTTC and nada yoga.
- 3 hours of daily asana practice.
- Daily lessons of Sanskrit mantra chanting, kirtans & bhajans, etc,.
- You will be taken for local sight-seeing on Sundays.
- The course fee is all-inclusive.
- Music Concerts every week.
- Live music meditation classes in the evenings.
- And the certification of yoga alliance as an RYT, 200-Hour.
Our Yoga Teachers
- Yogacharya Bhuwan Chandra (Nada Yoga Teacher)
- Yogacharya Mohan Panwar (Structural Hatha Yoga)
- Yogacharya Kamal Bhatt (Shatkarma- detoxification)
- Yogacharya Naveen Joshi (Traditional Hatha Yoga)
- Yogi Buddhi Prakash (Yoga Philosophy and Meditation)
- Atma Jnanananda Giri (Yoga Nidra and Meditation)
- Dr. Usha Vaishnav (Ayurveda)
- Yogacharya Vivek Arya (Yogic Anatomy and physiology)
NYTTC Typical Daily Schedule
- 6:00 am – 7:00 am: Pranayama/ Shatkarma
- 7:00 am – 8:30 am: Yoga Asanas
- 8:30 am – 9:30 am: Breakfast
- 10:00 am – 11:30 am: Anatomy & Physiology
- 12:00 noon – 1:00 pm: Lunch
- 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm: Nada Yoga
- 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm: Yoga Philosophy
- 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm: Yoga Asanas
- 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm: Dinner
- 7:30 pm – 8:00 pm: Meditation/Live Music Meditation
- 8:15 pm – 9:00 pm: Music Lessons/ Mantra Chanting/ Kirtan, etc.
Note: The schedule is subject to change.
Nada Yoga Course Fee
The fee for the course is US
$1500 $1400. An advance payment of $200 is to be paid upon registeration to reserve your seat for the course (non-refundable). Just few spots available. Register before the seats get full.
Fee Includes –
- Textbooks and printed course materials
- Lessons from 8 professional staff yoga teachers and guest lecturers.
- Music Concerts by renowned musicians of Rishikesh, India
- Use of yoga props during the course
- Vegetarian meals (3 times a day)
- Comfortable accommodation in the first established ashram in Rishikesh – Swargashram
- Local sightseeing
- Ganges river rafting
- Sunday movie night
- Wireless Internet Connectivity
Food and Accommodation
- In our attempt to promote a yogic lifestyle, vegetarian meals, and herbal teas are served 3 times daily (breakfast/lunch/dinner) and prepared in our own equipped Kitchen, using filtered water. Please inform us of any dietary restrictions.
- Filtered water is available at all times during your stay at Nada Yoga School.
- Two students are accommodated in a shared, furnished double room with attached bath (cold/hot water) and ceiling fans. Bed linen, a towel and a door lock are provided, however, residents are responsible for those items as well as laundering their sheets and cleaning their room.
- Single occupancy arrangements may be made prior to arrival, conditional to room availability, and may be subject to extra charges.
- Students are requested to arrive at the Nada Yoga School on the day prior to commencement of the training, at which time they will be assigned to their rooms, and will be requested to finalize their course fee payments. Check-out is scheduled on the morning following completion of the program. We request that all borrowed items be returned at this time.
Note: To create a positive atmosphere conducive to learning and continued personal development, drugs, alcohol and all other intoxicating substances are strictly prohibited for the entire duration of the course.
What our students are saying?
Mornings begin with Shatkarma on the side stoop of the yoga hall during which cows saunter by, butterflies flit in tall grasses, monks playing flute music can be heard. These visual and aural perceptions are subdued reminders of what students learn at Nada Yoga School, namely to move more harmoniously with nature, to slow down and move with one’s inhale and exhale. Through the school’s well-designed course, a student is exposed to thought-provoking teachings from instructors with wide-ranging backgrounds. These teachings touch on many topics; however, a student never feels lost or overwhelmed by all of the new knowledge they are gaining. This is due to the fact that the instructors are always willing to spend time helping a student understand a new or difficult concept, no matter how long it takes. It is difficult for me to sum up everything that I learned from my course. In part, this is because what I learned can’t be summarized in language; it was transmuted through my body and into vital energy.
Extra (travel) Services
- Pre-arranged taxi pick-up from Delhi Airport to Nada Yoga School – US $70
- Pre-arranged taxi pick-up from Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun to Nada Yoga School – US $15